Sunday, June 19, 2011

Re Focus

Good evening all in Blogland :)

I have decided to re focus and switch to more blogging and less facebooking...

So...onto todays blog.

I'm a bit all over the place at the moment, physically, spiritually, mentally. I'm tired. Tired of being the only Christian in my house. Tired of defending my faith. Tired of going to church alone. Just tired.

Stephanie is now living in Adelaide, studying a Diploma of Commercial Art and has been trying to find a job for the past six months. She's getting disheartened and so am I. She's had a rough introduction to city living, lost her purse, been assaulted, and been taken advantage of by an unscrupulous employer. I know I'm supposed to hand her over to the Lord but she is making decisions that I don't agree with and I'm finding it so very hard to let her make her own mistakes. It would all be SO much easier if she would accept the Lord and let Him guide her. But Stephanie has never taken the easy path. My great fear for her is that the Lord will have to completely break her to bring her home...is that even rational?

Anyway... I would much appreciate advice, prayer, anything that you think might help.

Sharon.

4 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Hey, welcome back. I'm sorry that you and Stephanie are having such a rough go of it. Sooooo often most of us just don't learn the easy way. I know that I tend to have to take God's fieldtrips rather than learn in the classroom. Praying that you and Steph press into Jesus during this time.

Joanie said...

A huge smile grew across my face when I saw an update to your blog on my blog feed! Of course, that was after the SHOCK wore off...

I'm right there with you, my dear friend! (And, yes, I owe you an e-mail - soon, very soon!) See my blog entry "Reflections". Did I send you my new blog address? soilandsustenance.blogspot.com I, too, feel I'm all over the place physically, emotionally, spiritually. So thankful for God's grace and patience.

No answers, no advice - for I know you're struggling with the WHY? question too. I know the One who does have the answer and I'm praying. My children do know the Lord and they are making decisions that we don't understand... We all need to be constantly drawn to Him. The world easily entangles us and pulls us in many directions and our minds are easily distracted. It's difficult to persevere and keep on the narrow path. He is able and you are loved!

HisPrincess said...

Thankyou Leah and Joanie...I've missed your words of encouragement and wisdom so much!

Look forward to catching up on reading what you guys have been up to!
Sharon.

Wendy said...

Letting go is SO difficult! I'm struggling with how much hands-on parenting to give my 16 year old (she has health issues). Ultimately I do have to hand her over to God and trust her to Him.