Sunday, June 26, 2011

Missing Church

This morning I made the decision to skip church.

I don't take that decision lightly, as it often leaves me feeling empty and that's not a great way to start the week.

But today I just need some time at home. Working full time and keeping up with a family can be pretty difficult at times and sometimes I just need to stop.

Having said that, after I get off the computer I will be spending some time in prayer and reading the Lords word. Which is wonderful (and something I have been trying REALLY hard to do every day) but for me nothing compares to singing for the joy of the Lord while in worship. I just love it. Perhaps I can sing while I read and pray! Hmmm. Now there's a challenge.

Update...Steph felt her interview on Friday went well. Just the waiting game now to find out if she has been successful...I'm not good at waiting. In the meantime she is still applying for other jobs so keep praying.

Sharon.

2 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Glad to hear you're spending time in prayer and in the Word! He knows what we're dealing with...

Have a FABULOUS week, my friend!

*As I impatiently wait to hear the news about Stephanie. :)

Lightening said...

{{{HUGS}}} I missed church too. Bit hard to hop that far! :-) Sadly, I spent the time watching tv when I could have been reading the bible. Oops. Might feel better if I did that too.