Monday, December 14, 2009

Absent

I've been a bit absent lately.

To be honest I've always been a bit absent minded, but just now I'm referring to by absentness (is that a word?) from the blog world.

I've spent some time assesing my priorities and have come up with a bit of a list, but it doesn't seem to have helped me find more time in my day.

The good news is that this is my last week before I take 3 weeks holiday. I can't remember the last time I had 3 weeks away from work, other than maternity leave and that wasn't exactly a holiday!

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it! We will spend 2 weeks in Perth, and then a week at the beach. 3 weeks. I'm smiling just at the thought of it.

So, I should be able to find more time to post here, and on facebook if you want to look me up there....I've been a bit "anti" computer when I'm not at work.

A bit of a catch up.... Steph has been having singing lessons once per week in Whyalla, a city about 1 and a half hours drive from here. Her teacher is nothing short of amazing. Positive, caring, enthusiastic and very talented. Just what she needs, it's done wonders for her confidence.

Kym has just completed our best harvest in around 6 years. Praise the Lord! Such a relief to finally see some return for the hard work he puts in year in and year out.

Scott has just had his first day of school holidays and is "bored". He is really looking forward to our holiday. He loves to fly....

I am ridiculously flat out at work. The good season has resulted in a LOT of machinery sales! It's a good thing as it means my job is very secure, but it's an awful lot of hard work!

So..... I'm hoping to be a bit more consistent in my blogging in the coming weeks, and perhaps find something a little more profound to say!

But for now this little black duck is heading to bed.

I will be coming to visit everyone very soon! Promise!

5 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Ahhhh..... So wonderful to hear your voice again. I have missed you tremendously!

Rejoicing that the harvest was good this year! How is the honey project coming along?

I'm thankful you've taken some time away from the computer and are determining what's most important in life. I do hope you'll pop in here once or twice a week ~ as I'd really miss you if you stayed away longer... When else will I get to sit down and share a cuppa with a dear, long distance (but close at heart) friend?!

Excited for your holiday time ~ and look forward to ALL the pictures I'll see after you return! {{{HUGS}}}

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

I've missed you...your words and your visits to me over at The Point. I am so thankful for the good harvest. What a blessing!!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday and your time with your family is awesome. Stop by and visit me at The Point when you can.

Leah

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you are still alive and well and wow the news of the harvest is so awesome i nearly cried.. isnt God good?

I havent forgotten to reply to your email.. i just havent had opportunity to sit think and type all at the same time..

Have a beautiful time away!!

LS

Rebecca said...

So good to hear of good harvest there. Delighted that your job appears secure, too. As you establish and practice effective goals and time management, may God protect and enrich your family life and personal spiritual growth. Seek first HIS kingdom and righteousness and all these things will be added to you!

Anonymous said...

Your three weeks holidays sounds wonderful, and well-deserved - enjoy! So pleased to know that Kym's year went so well with the crops. Is that because, or in spite of all the hot weather you've been having?!!! How are you coping with the heat? I'm praying that the weather will get the hot-hot-hotness out of the way come February, when the boys and I fly down... And BTW, how far are you from Crystal Brook?!!! Just wondering whether we could stop for some tea on your porch during our travels!!! ;) It really would be so neat to meet you for 'real'. Take it easy, and don't pressure yourself to communicate in the blog world... just when you can and feel led... that's how I've been travelling with it... Blessings to you... Naomi x