Friday, December 18, 2009

Enthusiasm

Today was my last day of work for three whole weeks.

You'd think I'd be a bit excited about that.... I'm sure I will be, any minute now.

Right now I'm just tired. Exhausted. I've spent the entire week trying to make sure that I have everything done. My office is spotless. I've left notes and messages for all the people who are doing bits of my job for me. I've even left instructions for my boss.

The overtime I have worked this week has been astronomical. Which means I will get a nice holiday bonus in my next pay packet.

But this also means that I'm feeling unprepared for our trip. I'm kind of packed. But not to the point where I can relax and feel that I'm under control. I like to be under control. It's important to me to have "all my ducks in a row" as my Mum says.

I can't even muster up the enthusiasm to feel excited about going right now.

Obviously I need to get off the computer and go to bed! Right after I've checked I have everything...

4 valued opinions!:

Unknown said...

hahahaha!!!

Have fun over the next few weeks and enjoy your trip!!!

Prayers and blessings,
Rebecca

Joanie said...

Don't worry if you've forgotten clean underwear ~ just make sure you take pictures!

Have tons of FUN, my friend!

HisPrincess said...

Rebecca, thanks, I'm sure we will have a great time.

Joanie, I don't have a camera! It died! But luckily Steph got one for her birthday yesterday (that was good management on my behalf!) so I'm hoping she will share!

Joanie said...

Guess the family needs to get Sharon a new camera for her birthday! Hello? Kym? Stephanie? Scott? Did you hear that? Your wife/mom needs a camera so all her friends can see what's she does on exciting days and the regular days...

Love you and rejoicing with you on your special 40th year celebration!