Saturday, December 19, 2009

Unwinding

Well, today my holidays officially started.

I actually enjoyed the 5 hour long car trip to Adelaide. Simply because I wasn't at work. I didn't have to think about work, and returning to work is sufficiently far enough away that I don't have to think about that either!

I read a magazine. I checked out some possible Christmas dinner recipes. I checked out facebook. I even had a nap.

Right now I have just returned from having a lovely dinner with the family (plus one, Steph's boyfriend Dale has joined us for the trip). It was a lovely meal, shared with the people I love. I can actually feel myself unwinding. I didn't realise how tightly wound I was.

Next is a relax in the spa. Followed by a good nights sleep, and then a sleep in before breakfast is delivered. We fly out at 12 noon so we can take our time over a leisurely breakfast. Which is a good thing since it's my 40th birthday! 40! Eeeeeekkkk! But that's an entirely different post!

Blessings to you all! It's lovely to be back and to be able to think clearly and not feel as though there a thousand things I should be doing. I'm on holiday. It's time to slow down.

7 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a beautiful holiday!! God bless you! And you are beautiful just the way GOD MADE YOU!!

Leah

P.S. Maybe we need to tell each other that once a day!!

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday! How lovely to feel yourself letting go of the burdens that have rested on you for too long. I am praying for that same experience over the next two weeks of Christmas break. BTW, I have LOVED being over 40; it is very freeing somehow to be over having to impress people!
Be blessed beyond measure on your birthday!
Ginger

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome! I got a big smile just reading this!

Joanie said...

Woohoo! Woohoo! It's your birthday!

Happy 40th to you, Happy 40th to you, Happy 40th dearest Sharon (you really need to live it up), Happy 40th to you! And many more...

So glad you are already enjoying your holiday! Relax. Kick back. Let yourself go and enjoy every moment of life - the regular stuff will still be there when you get back - live for today and enjoy life!

Woohoo!

Edie said...

Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and Rich Blessings for 2010!

Happy Belated Birthday! Wish I was 40 again! :)

My ADHD Me said...

Happy Birthday!!

and

Merry Christmas + 1!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Happy Birthday for last week. Can't wait to read THAT post. Thinking of you and hoping your holiday is rolling along just the way you need it to. Blessings! N x