Sunday, November 1, 2009

Please Pray

Last night we lost an absolute legend.

He was an icon at my place of work. Everyone loved him. He was a diamond in the rough with a heart of gold.

Last night one of our mechanics was killed in a car accident at the age of 43.

His 18 year old son also works for us, and is in the third year of his apprenticeship.

Finny was what we call in Australia a really top bloke. I have spent almost 10 years sharing jokes, stories, arguments and laughs with Finny. I loved him dearly.

Finny was also somewhat of a trouble magnet. He got into fights in bars, he drank too much, he swore a LOT, he lost his licence and ended up in court countless times and he drove way way too fast. And last night speed was his downfall.

I feel a bit numb. I haven't really reacted to this terrible news at all. I feel quite removed. I don't know why.

I do know that I am not looking forward to tomorrow. We have a staff of about 20, and we all loved Finny. Everyone has a funny story about Finny. I don't know what we will do without him, or how everyone will react to this tragic, and unneccesary loss.

The worst part is that we won't have time to grieve. We are in the middle of the busiest time of the year. We all must carry on regardless, even though it's the last thing any of us want to do.

So, please pray for all the staff in the coming weeks as we deal with sudden loss of a dearly loved and respected workmate.

Also pray for Finny's girlfriend, who is an ambulance officer and was called to the scene of the accident last night. I can't imagine what she must be going through right now.

Lord, please be with our staff and management tomorrow as we all come to terms with this sudden and tragic loss. Please watch over Finny's girlfriend, his son's and his family as they deal with their loss. I don't know where Finny is now Lord, but I pray that somehow he is with you.

8 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharon! I hope and pray that everyone who suffers from this loss will learn where their strength comes from. You will be a great source of comfort to many, I would imagine, and so I pray that you feel the Lord very close by at this time too... There is so much senseless loss on our roads, and yet not enough lessons being learnt... his poor precious boys... no matter what age, this is tough stuff. My prayers are with you, your company and your town tonight. Bless your heart! Naomi x

Joanie said...

Praying the Lord's presence is so near to all! In the midst of a great jumbled mess, He is able to bring peace, healing and hope...

Praying for all who have been affected and sending {{{HUGS}}} to you.

You are on my heart, dear friend.

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

I am so sorry for your loss. How horrible! I pray the Lord will bring comfort to you and to Finney's family. I pray that somehow those who don't know Christ might come to know him during this time.

God bless you!!

Leah

Ginger said...

Praying for you and everyone connected to this tragedy. May the light of His love shine though you to those who don't know Him.
Ginger

HisPrincess said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments. Your support and prayer means a lot.

Edie said...

Oh Sharon I am so sorry. Praying God's comfort and peace over this situation and all these people now. Much love~

Anonymous said...

Sharon what shocking news.. sad news.. wow!!
You know, when i heard the news on the weekend I wondered if you knew the victim.. and you work with him.. pray you can have a special work farewell with all the gang very soon.

Lynette

Joanie said...

Sharon ~

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers... I know you've just gotten through his funeral service. I can only imagine how challenging it is at work each day. Praying for His comfort, strength and peace to be with you moment-by-moment!

Love and hugs ~ Joanie