Saturday, November 21, 2009

Juggling Act

I've dropped a few balls just lately in the juggling act of life.

I'm ashamed to admit that regular attendance at church is one of the dropped balls.

As is blogging regularly.

Not to mention the washing, the ironing, the housework.

I feel as though I'm barely keeping my head above water at present. And tomorrow I'm going to take a step toward remedying that by going to church. Church always makes me feel better. Gets my head in tune with my heart and helps me sort out my priorities.

God doesn't want to be my number one priority. He wants EVERY part of me, and rightly so. He should be my ONLY priority. Once I manage to get that right, then everything else just falls into place.

I know this truth.

I'm just really struggling to put it into practice.

Lord, help me get my priorities right, and help me remember that you are my everything, and deserve nothin less than my undivided devotion and attention. Help me with the reality of my life at the moment and get me though this busy time of year with sanity in tact. Please just help me stay on top of my committments and if something needs to go, then help me work out what.

3 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

Don't let yourself get strapped by the shame that Satan will/is trying to through at you over this. God understands and He waits for us to get it right...to get Him in the proper perspective. He loves us and forgives us when we just can't seem to get it all together.

He understands our humanness!! It's the way He made us.

Leah

Lightening said...

Don't underestimate how much value there is to others in you being there too. Naturally Satan wants to pull you away.

Here I am sitting at home while you're probably at church. :)

Joanie said...

As we draw closer to God, He will draw closer to us. I can only imagine how challenging it is to keep walking your walk when the rest of the family is not there with you. Keep the faith, Sharon, and run to God. He is waiting for you, ever so patiently.

We aren't juggling, but challenged with where we should be attending church. Our first desire is to return to our former church ~ spirit-filled and the Word is so alive! However, it's an hour+ north of where we live... Seeking God's leading. He knows and will show us the way if only we're willing to listen and follow!

Be blessed, my friend!