Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Still Here...

Just in case you are wondering, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I just seem to be hurtling through life at a ridiculous pace at the moment, and haven't found time to sit and catch up with all my bloggy friends.

So...an update.

Miss Milly is still the darling of the family. Chewing all and sundry. Making off with brooms, shoes, remote controls and basically anything that isn't tied down. The puppy puddles are becoming less frequent (thankfully) and she has settled into a daily routine spending a lot of time with Kym as he goes about his daily jobs. She loves to ride on the motorbike with him, and has been introduced to the sheep.

Kym is frantically getting everything ready for harvest. With the weather warming up the crops have ripened really quickly so he's keen to get into it. The header (or combine, or harvester, depending on where you are from) is still getting the air conditioner fixed so he is getting a little imatient.

Scott is banned from the computer at the moment (which is why I am on here at last!). His attitude leaves a little to be desired, but isn't anything too severe, or difficult to deal with. He is a very busy boy at the moment with squash on Mondays, junior tennis on Tuesdays, Cricket practice on Wednesdays, senior tennis on Friday and Cricket on Saturday. No wonder he's been getting a bit grumpy! He's just starting to get a cold so that isn't helping.

Steph is doing pretty well. She's busy with some assignments that need to be completed in the next couple of weeks. She entered the Search for a Singer contest in Port Lincoln again this year, and again has made it to the finals. She is just starting out with singing lessons on Thursday evenings in Whyalla, which is just over an hour's drive. I hope the teacher is good and she enjoys her lessons. She hasn't really been singing at all lately as she's been pretty down and doubting her ability so I'm glad she's enjoying it again.

And me...well I'm still working, working, working. I'm feeling a bit under the weather myself but not unwell enough to take a day off, just unwell enough to make me short tempered and grumpy (just ask Scott!). I've been a bit absent from church in the past few weeks and it shows. Obviously time to get back into it and work on my relationship with the Lord.

Right. Enough about me. Time for me to come on over and see what you have all been up to!

4 valued opinions!:

Kelly said...

At first read I though it said hurting not hurtling, so I was relieved at my 2nd read threw. Glad things are going well for all.

We are getting a new puppy on Saturday!!! Ready for chewing and puppy puddles.

Joanie said...

Thankful you took a few moments to update everyone on what's happening there... It helps knowing how I can pray for all of you.

Praying the harvest is bountiful and God blesses Kym with the energy and perseverance to get it all done. (How did the insurance claim from the storm come out?)

Praying for grace and wisdom and an outpouring of His love through you, as the young adult years can be very difficult indeed!

Praying for simplicity and time in each day to quiet yourself before our wonderful Lord. I'm always so amazed to realize that in the midst of my busyness - when I choose not to make time for Him - and then I return, He is waiting ever-so-patiently for me and He rejoices that I'm there with Him. Though I deserve it not, He loves me (and you) so very much! Praying for your return to church and into fellowship with other believers.

Abundant blessings upon your day, my friend!

Leah Adams said...

Glad you are back and everyone is ok. Missed you!!

Leah

Ginger said...

Thanks for the update! I had been missing you!
Can so relate to navigating teen attitudes--we've been doing that around here!
Praying for a great harvest and total wellness for all of you.
Ginger