Saturday, August 8, 2009

Toothless

The removal of my wisdom tooth went well yesterday. I didn't bleed much which was a blessing, and today I'm feeling ok.

The biggest issue was finding a vein to put the drip in. My veins have never been cooperative when it comes to finding them with a needle.

I actually felt sorry for the aneathetist, he was so apologetic. I assured him that it wasn't his fault, and this happens ALL the time but I don't think it made him feel any better.

In the end he put me under with gas first (which tastes dreadful) and then put the drip in once I was asleep.....which makes me wonder why don't they do it that way all the time? The gas doesn't taste so great but it certainly doesn't hurt, unlike being jabbed 4 times looking a vein!

Anyhoo...I woke up after having a very pleasant time swimming with dolphins somewhere off a pacific island, in a bikini, because I was thin, without a wisdom tooth.

I still have one wisdom tooth but this one seems to be behaving itself so far. The first two I had out in the chair when I was 20, and I have to say that even though I'm not keen on a general anaesthetic I much prefer having a tooth removed while swimming with dolphins than wide awake listening to drills!

I'm not allowed to drink hot drinks for a couple of days (which means luke warm tea!), and chewing is difficult, but other than that I'm fine.

Today I'm being forced to take it easy. I feel fine. Really I do. Kym wouldn't let me go to footy, he says I have to stay home and rest.....I'm doing the washing, because I'm SUCH a rebel!

Kym will come and pick me up and take me back to the club around 6pm, because tonight we are having mouse races! Stay tuned....I will take photos!

Thanks so much for your prayers and thoughts. Everything worked out really well. The nerve the dentist was worried about is still intact, tooth is removed and I'm only in a little discomfort.

Lord, thank you for watching over me and the surgeons hands yesterday. Thank you that I am healing quickly and thank you for all my wonderful friends who have been praying for me. Thank you for my lovely family who have been fussing over me, making me jelly and squishy food and warm cups of tea. I feel truly blessed and loved.

4 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Yea!! So glad it is over for you. Remember, no drinking through straws until you are healed. I'm sure they told you that, though.

YOU DO AS THE DOCTOR SAID!! Take it easy today. It will not kill you to be pampered for a day or so.

Leah

Joanie said...

So thankful it went well and you're on the road to complete recovery! Bummer that Kym wouldn't let you go... Remember, I went to a high school basketball game after having my uppers removed!

It's probably a good thing you're sort of behaving. We're such rebel women! ;)

Have a great time at the mouse races tonight. I can hardly wait to see the pictures! :)

HisPrincess said...

Leah yes I was warned not to drink from a straw! And also not to drink hot drinks, or drink alcohol, or smoke! The only issue for me there is the hot drinks! I'm not that keen on luke warm tea...

Joanie, the mouse races were fun, difficult to take photos as they were behind perspex and it reflected but I will have a look at what I've got and do a post later today. Going out took a little more out of me than I expected and I woke up pretty sore this morning....of course I won't be telling Kym he was right!

Edie said...

I'm sorry I arrived too late to pray for the extraction but I said a prayer for quick recovery without complication.

I'm glad all went well for you and that you got to swim with dolphins. Who says going to the dentist isn't fun! (chuckle)

Looking forward to the mouse races.