Monday, August 31, 2009

He Loves Me.

A few years ago, just as I was drifting off to sleep I felt the Lord tell me He loves me. I didn't hear him say it, I felt it, at the core of my being. It's hard to explain. But it was a wonderful warm feeling of peace and wellbeing.

I remember feeling completely amazed and honoured that the Lord would choose to communicate with me in this way, at a time when I really needed the encouragement.

I've spent the past few days reading a fantastic book, called "The Shack". You may have heard of it. This book is doing wonders for me. It's turning upside down by misconceptions about the church, religion, and most importantly what it means to love.

Last night as I went to sleep, with the Lord at the forefront of my mind (where He should be all the time) I felt it again.

He loves me.

The feeling of warmth and peace reverberrated throughout my entire body. I felt it physically. It was wonderful. Amazing. Uplifting and encouraging. And just what I needed.

My challenge now is to remember it. Remember that no matter how bad my day is getting (and it seems to be going from bad to worse), no matter what curve balls life is throwing at me that I will be ok. Because God loves me.

Thankyou Lord for showing me how much you Love me. Thank you for loving me. I'm so sorry that I constantly disappoint you, that I forget to have faith in you and that I let worry and lifes pressures consume my attention when I should be focusing on you and only you. Help me to turn back to you every time that I turn away.

7 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, read this review of "The Shack" by a friend of mine... http://www.christianchronicle.org/article2158777~%27The_Shack%27_helps_minister_cope_with_real-life_horror_of_son%92s_death and http://johndobbs.com/?p=509

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, I had quite a bit to catch up on with you... It's been a lovely visit! Firstly, I'm very glad that Stephanie's first bingle did not end too badly. What a fright she - and you - must have gotten!!! And I loved reading this particular post; it reminded me of my experience of really physically feeling God's presence. Shameful that we need reminders; would be nice if the feeling was constant, but such is life. But, that feeling was so amazing - on the bank of the Port Hacking River in the Royal National Park (a dream of a place) - and experiencing it since then gives me pure joy. Maybe it's God's hope that we would 'fall in love' with Him over and over again, to keep that love and passion for Him alive and growing...???...

Bless your heart! Naomi xx

Joanie said...

What a wonderful feeling... He has done the same with me this past weekend!

I'm considering a follow-up book to The Shack and will let you know what I think about it. So glad you read it and God reconfirmed how much He loves you!

HisPrincess said...

Wendy: I've read both books, read "Finding God in The Shack" first.

Naomi: Great to see you back! I have missed you.

Joanie: It's lovely to get confirmation like this isn't it. I'm assuming you are considering reading "Finding God in The Shack"? Let me know what you think.

Joanie said...

Yes ~ it's the book I'm considering. What did you think of it? Seems like I do everything "backward", but I'm still making forward progress...

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon
Tis good to be reminded again and again that God loves us....
Today I walked into school (my workplace) feeling lousy with a headache and emotionally unstable! THe dear teacher on devotions read us a little book called "God Thinks You're Wonderful! " by Max Lucado.. which reaffirmed to me how much God loves me and wants for me.. He is with us no matter what we feel like, no matter what we have done or said... He thinks we are wonderful..!!! Does anything else matter?
WE all need to be reminded of this.. young and old.. our kids, our hubbies, our friends, our folks,....

THanks for your honesty.
Lynette

HisPrincess said...

Joanie, I think I'm the one who did it backwards! Both books were interesting and I think you need to read them both.

Lynette, don't you just love it when God speaks the words of encouragement you need to hear?