Friday, September 9, 2011

I can feel myself slipping again...

I've long had a tendency to let things get on top of me and fall into a bit of a hole.

And it has a whole lot to do with how much time I'm spending with the Lord, and where I'm sitting with my faith. At the moment the answer to the above is none at all (time with the Lord) and shakey (faith).

I've been actively encouraging Steph to turn to the Lord lately, more so than I ever have before. And I have to admit that makes me feel like a bit of a hypocrite. Because I'm not exactly practising what I'm preaching. And to be completey honest I can feel my faith slipping away. I'm wondering and questioning and just plain frustrated.

Obviously the answer to all this is to pray. But that just makes me feel hyprocritical again. Sigh.

3 valued opinions!:

Wendy said...

Hugs, Sharon. Know that doubt is part of faith. I've started a new reading program on YouVersion. I spend a lot of time studying the Bible (dealing with my questyions...), but not enough time just meditating on the Word. I'm hoping to change that.

Lightening said...

Sometimes we just need to let God hold us. Maybe put on some Christmas music, I find that helps if I'm feeling very "distant" from God. I frequently have times when I don't formally pray or read the bible. I know it's not "ideal" but hey, God knows we're human. And he loves us just the same.

{{{HUGS}}} You are very special! :)

Leah Adams said...

You are not hypocritical! You are walking through a valley---we all go through them. The very fact that you recognize something is wrong is great! That is the HOly Spirit drawing you back. Just rest in knowing you are loved and held tightly by Him even if you don't feel like you are holding tightly to Him.