Saturday, September 17, 2011

....

Couldn't come up with a title. No idea what I'm going to chat about, just thought I would start typing and see what comes out...this should be interesting...


Been feeling a bit low just lately (you may have noticed that). Not feeling particularly worthy or a very good Christian. I feel like that a lot...

Last night I practiced with some fantastic people for worship tomorrow. I'm worship leading a combined service which is kind of a big deal for me. I'm feeling a bit out of my comfort zone. I've song lead for a large congregation before, but not actually worship lead...as in have to do something other than sing.

And I thought singing was all I was going to be doing this time. But our ministers wife (who is an awesome singer, and is singing with me) put me on the spot a bit. Firstly she suggested that I do the call to worship and welcome. That's cool. I can manage that. Then half way through practice she thought one of the songs would be enhanced with a prayer in the middle of that...and Sharon are you able to do that? Um...what? I'm struggling to pray for myself let alone pray publicly. I already feel like a fraud for having the audacity to lead worship with singing let alone praying, out loud, in front of 100 odd people, with a microphone. hmmm

I like to plan things and be organised. But I feel pressured to just come up with something and not have it written down. It's freaking me out just a tad.

On the up side, singing worship songs last night really did give me a lift. Momentarily. Not sure what my problem is. I feel like I need to give myself a good slap.

Dear Lord, please help me get over whatever my problem is at the moment. Please be with Stephanie as she deals with continuing issues in her life, help her to think before she speaks and to remember always that she is your Princess. Actually help me to remember that too. Please be with me tomorrow as I lead worship. Help me to remember that it's all about you and any misgivings or failings that I have will be more than made up for with your grace. Amen.

4 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

AM sure you will be just fine and will be praying for you to have freedom and the ability to be real. I reckon the best worship services are the ones that come from the heart.... so just be yourself. Remember its the heart behind the prayers that matters to God.. not the words.. so just pray whats on your heart no matter how long or short..God also understands our wordless prayers Cos He is God. Will be praying for you ! L

Anonymous said...

So come on .. how did it go?

Joanie said...

Saw the title come across my feed and thought, "Thankful it's dots and she didn't flat line...." It means you've still got life pulsing inside of you even though life been pulling you down lately. I can SO relate!

Posted a new community page (a friend put it together) called Moms Pact (parenting adult children together). It's a place to share, ask questions, encourage one another in this new phase of life. Thought it might interest you.

Love that God is putting you on the spot a bit, as He knows your precious and wonderful heart. He's stirring your life up. I understand the struggling to pray. Been there myself lately. And a friend just reminded me of His promises with this verse:

For you, God, tested us; you refined us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs. You let people ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance. Ps 66:10-12

I felt I should share it with you too. Love and {{{HUGS}}}

HisPrincess said...

Lynette, it went well I think. I didn't write anything down just went with what popped into my head (and used the song lyrics a bit). Dunno what I was worried about really.

THanks Joanie, I will definately check out that website, sounds interesting.

The whole service was great. Really gave me a lift and was exactly what I needed.

Thanks again
Sharon.