Sunday, September 22, 2013

Life the universe and everything...

Well it's been over twelve months and I feel the need to blog again.

It's just nice to write it down, and I miss writing.

This year we are anticipating the biggest, most amazing harvest in LIVING MEMORY. Well, my living memory anyway, that's still a pretty long time.I can't get over how wonderful everything looks, so lush and green, the crop is so thick it looks like you could walk on it.

Scott decided not to continue with school this year (well, he refused), so did a mining course instead. Perfect attendance, excellent grades and references from his tutors - amazing what a difference it made to study something he was interested in. He's now just playing the waiting game, he decided he wanted to get into mining pretty much just as the bottom fell out of it here in South Australia. But it will come back. It always does. In the meantime he's working with his Dad on the farm and he will be really busy working for a bulk grain handler during harvest. By the looks of the crops, very busy. Did I say they look amazing??

Steph finished her administration traineeship and is now working in a health market and cafe. Loves it. Health food is right up her alley. She's also studying (again), a Diploma in Fitness this time. I think she will just merrily go through life collecting qualifications until she happens on the career she wants. It's been lovely having her near by. We see her around once per week which is lovely.

Faith this year for me has and continues to be a stuggle, but that's a journey I will blog about later. Can't do it all at once!

Lord, thankyou for the continued rain and for the crops we have in our paddocks. I pray now for an uneventful, speedy harvest with no accidents, breakdowns or freyed tempers. Thank you for the health of Kym, Steph and Scott and for continually watching over them. Please help me to be the best wife, Mum and child of God that I can be. In your precious name. Amen.

1 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

So encouraging for me to see answer to prayers I lifted to our Heavenly Father on your behalf for the farm. WOW! God is so good! His timing; abundant blessings!

Continuing to lift you (all) up in prayer and so thankful our paths crossed all those years ago

Yes, I desire to write too, but my thoughts are scattered and need collecting to put down. Silly moving and boxes everywhere and disorganization at the moment... sigh.

{{{HUGS}}}