Saturday, July 2, 2011

God's Wisdom

Funny but my devotionals of late have had a lot to say about wisdom, faith, and patience. Coincidence? I doubt it.

I AM waiting...just not very patiently. I have asked for wisdom but don't feel very wise!

Today I read that I need to drop anchor. I can't vacillate between the world's opinions and the Lord's wisdom. If I don't anchor myself on God's promise that He will give me His wisdom then I will be blown about by others thoughts, opinions and feelings.

That's a bit of a light bulb moment for me. Ok, I've been asking for wisdom, but I don't really think that I've been anchoring myself on God's promise that He will provide it.

So that's my challenge today. To ask for wisdom and have the faith to believe that I will receive it.


But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1 6-8.

Let him ask in faith, with no doubting...


3 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Now that is some wisdom!!! Great post, Sharon.

HisPrincess said...

i'm trying to get the message through to myself!

Joanie said...

God is good to provide ALL that we ask for from Him. It's waiting for His timing that causes us impatient humans to get off track.

Great post and a good word shared with all of us!