Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm worried.

I'm worried that I haven't done enough.

As far as my children's Christian upbringing goes I'm a bit of a single parent. And I'm pretty sure I haven't done enough.

I'm not even sure that I've done my best.

Stephanie goes out into the world on her own next year and I'm really concerned that her walk with Jesus will end there. She will be living right next door to a church, but that doesn't mean she will cross it's thresh hold.

At the moment she is relishing her new found grown upness. But I can see that she isn't really that grown up at all. She is still that little girl looking for acceptance. I just pray that she grows to understand that the only one who will really accept her completely and unconditionally is her Lord and Saviour.

Lord, please speak to Stephanie's heart. Let her know that you are there. Guide her decisions and her life. Help her to grow into the young woman you made her to be. Amen.

5 valued opinions!:

Wendy said...

Sharon, trust in the power of the HS to work in her heart. None of us have done enough or our best! We have to hand our kids over to God and believe in His grace and mercy.

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Wendy. I will try!

Leah Adams said...

Jesus loves Steph wayyyyy more than you do, sweet Sharon. Trust her to Him and stay on your knees for her. He can more than make up for any area where you might have failed...although I bet you did very, very well.


Leah

Joanie said...

Oh Sharon... I know how you feel (and two of our three children have left home - and the one who is still home has one foot out the door).

There are many days that I agonize over whether I've done enough, should we have raised them differently, did I speak enough into their lives, and on and on and on. And yet, I have to remember that I can't push them or will them or drag them or "make them" choose Christ. In my own humanness, I have led them to the cross, shared Jesus, lived out my faith (with all the mistakes there for them to see) and now, I have the honor of praying for them and trusting them to Him. Do I worry? Yes. But, I believe He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly more than I could ever ask or imagine. And then, I pray some more and keep working on my own relationship with Him, which greatly encourages me and comforts me as I know others are still watching me life.

I am praying and believing with you for your whole family! You are loved!

HisPrincess said...

Thankyou Leah and Joanie. Your prayers and encouragement are appreciated more than you know!