Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Broken and Beautiful

Good morning everyone! Yes! I am still alive if anyone was wondering (or if you are still here!)

Something happened this morning that I just had to share. I haven't had an "aha" moment like this in a while....

I was driving to work listening to my ipod (not in my ears, through the car stereo in case you are worrying about my safe driving habits!) and a beautiful song came on. Broken and Beautiful. I'm not sure who sings it but this morning it was written for me.

I really felt the Lord telling me to "come as you are" and ended up with tears streaming down my face (which isn't good for the makeup on the way to work!). Then the next song was "God doesn't make mistakes". Amazing. Just a little lesson for me on the way to work thanks to the greatest teacher EVER.

A quick update on life on the farm for those who are interested. Steph will graduate on Friday, and she will be presented with the Art Prize (although she doesn't know that yet). Today she has an interview at 3pm with Endeavour College as she has been short listed for a scholarship with them (so prayers would be appreciated!). Scott is on harvest leave at the moment to help his Dad with what looks like the biggest harvest we have EVER had (PRAISE THE LORD!!!). Scott ht two terms out of school as he was mixing with the wrong crowd and not thinking about consequences. Being home schooled has made me realise that he's a whole lot smarter than I thought he was. He will go back to school next term, hopefully a more mature boy and more able to cope with the pressure of his peers. We shall see.

Can't wait to spend some time catching up on your blogs to see what's happening!

Love and blessings
Sharon.

4 valued opinions!:

Leah Adams said...

Hi Sharon, I have missed you, but I knew you would eventually return. How awesome about the harvest, especially after the drought you had a year or two ago. Yippee God!!

Don't you love those 'aha' moments. I know God gets a huge kick out of them.

Thanks for visiting me over at The Point.

Leah

Joanie said...

Rejoice, rejoice and again I say, REJOICE! Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say REJOICE!

I am doing a major HAPPY DANCE right now and my heart is nearly bursting for you! Such joy to my ears and good news for my heart...

I've been praying and am continuing to pray that our amazing, patient, gracious and loving Father will continue to gently woo you, teach you, encourage you and bless you abundantly. He is so good!

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks ~ for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. So difficult regarding the "in everything" part, but He is faithful!

WOOHOO! WOOHOO! WOOHOO! Can you tell I'm excited?! {{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

Great to have know you are back in land of life.. and always have been for that matter..
LIfe sure changes so quickly doesnt it.. you are not alone with your parenting issues and struggles.. I am being tested to love my dear son for who he is and not what he does or does not..
Catch you soon once we have the internet back on at home once T fixes a broken cable in the area where there are thousands of us withuot home phones etc.. this week. !!! life can still exist without internet.. believe it or not.. !!
Lynette

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Leah, Joanie and Lynette! So nice to feel welcomed back into blogland!